Selecting the right candidate may not be easy for some people especially for those who really care about positive change and development. Others have the impression that all those who run for public office have the same personal intentions and that whoever they choose will not matter at all.
Whichever the case, most of us still have our list of preferred candidates especially at the local level whom we think will better lead us.
List of Local Candidates for Verification
Below is the list of local candidates for the various positions published by the COMELEC to allow candidates to check their names as they would appear on the ballot, thus subject to editing.
PROVINCIAL GOVERNOR - EASTERN SAMAR
- LIBANAN, NONOY (NUP)
- NICART, AKLAN (LP)
PROVINCIAL VICE-GOVERNOR - EASTERN SAMAR
- OBIENA, ALEXANDER (IND)
- PICARDAL, MARCELO FERDINAND (LP)
MEMBER, SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN - EASTERN SAMAR FIRST DISTRICT
- ALVAREZ, KAREN (LP)
- BALASE, PEREGERIO (NP)
- CABATO, CELESTINO (LP)
- CAPITO, ANNABELLE (LP)
- DERI-ON, PERGENTINO JR. (NP)
- DONGALLO, LALA (NP)
- MONTALLANA, JOJI (LP)
- QUINTUA, ANICETO (IND)
- SUYOT, BYRON (LP)
- TIUNAYAN, JANE (NP)
- VILLARINO, DANIEL (NP)
MEMBER, SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN - EASTERN SAMAR SECOND DISTRICT
- ABUDA, JONAS (LP)
- AYLLON, VANESSA (NP)
- CABACABA, GORGONIO (LP)
- CABLAO, NESTONETTE (NP)
- DADO, CARLOS (NP)
- DELOS REYES, AURORA (NP)
- GOTEESAN, MARICAR SISON (LP)
- HOLANDA, JENNETTE (NP)
- REYES, BEATRIZ (LP)
- TY, JAIME (LP)
MEMBER, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - EASTERN SAMAR LONE DISTRICT
- EVARDONE, BEN (LP)
- GONZALES-KWAN, ANNALIZ (NP)
Guidelines for Verification as posted in the Comelec Website
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor or Election Officer concerned in writing until 21 January 2016. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
MORE IN EASTERN SAMAR
Arteche | Balangiga | Balangkayan | Borongan | Can-avid | Dolores | General Mac Arthur | Giporlos | Guiuan | Hernani | Jipapad | Lawaan | Llorente | Maslog | Maydolong | Mercedes | Oras | Quinapondan | Salcedo | San Julian | San Policarpo | Sulat | Taft